- After many requests, we’re happy to announce that we’ve opened more visibility into profile updates. When viewing profiles as an administrator, there’s a new modal which displays the date and time of the most recent attribute edits and who made the change(s). This information has been tracked for the previous six months and is now available for all organizations. Additionally, the Advanced Search has been updated to support searching by Last Modified Date.
- The Advanced Search received another update for event searching. Administrators now have the ability to search for profiles that have not registered for an event, making it easier to market events while excluding people who have already registered.
- If someone tried to join using an email address that had been associated with a deleted profile, the system would prevent that user from creating a new profile. People trying to join using an email address associated with a deleted profile are now free to do so without interruption.
- When a key contact had already registered for an event, forms were preventing that key contact from taking the form again to register other linked profiles, despite the form being set to allow multiple submissions. This has been corrected so we respect the multiple submissions setting, even for key contacts.
- The invoice line item setting was not being respected for Number type fields in forms. As a result, the field label always displays for the invoice description. The line item description setting will now be respected on invoices moving forward.
- When editing events in Calendar Management, there is a warning modal about each occurrence of a repeating event being updated. This warning modal displayed every time an event was edited, even if the event in question did not recur. The message now only displays when the event is set to recur.
- Linked profiles that had been moved to deleted status were still available to be renewed through the membership section of forms. Moving forward, key contacts will not be able to see these deleted profiles when renewing.
- For organizations using the Social Community, two buttons appear on front-end profiles: “block” and “report” which only apply to Social Community features. These buttons, however, were always appearing on front-end profiles to logged in users. These buttons now only display when the Social Community is enabled.
- Invoices received several updates:
- Addresses now align properly in standard sized envelopes
- Line breaks inserted in the Footer/Terms area are now respected, without the need to use HTML
- Payment details are now included in the PDF version of the invoice
- We’ve released the second half of the invoice description update so it now holds true for number fields too. Invoices for event registrations will now include the registrants name when the pricing is based on a number field. This was previously added for selection sets, but will now be true for both cases.
- We made a change to how we handle messages sent to elists from an email address that isn't subscribed to the list. Previously, we sent a rejection email to the list administrator and the email address that sent the rejected message. Sending a message to the original sender's email address was being abused by spammers as a means to confirm email addresses. In order to prevent the abuse, we now only send the rejection notice to the list administrator.
- Previously, credit memos created ad hoc from the profile list or by editing a submission incorrectly displayed an extra negative sign. These credit memos now display properly, just like credit memos created from the invoice list.
- We fixed data issues that arose when a user taking a membership form had an apostrophe in their name. In these cases, pricing fields outside of the member-type pricing were not correctly saving when those fields were also part of the membership section.
- On front-end saved searches, if attribute security was set for ‘no access’ for the Public group, the public would see the number of profiles included in the search results with no data in the directory cards. We now return '0 Results' in this case as one would expect.
- On the transaction report, ad hoc invoices that included $0 line items would remain in open status. We now convert these to Paid status upon creation.
- The PDF version of invoices was cutting off after 4 lines in the Organization Information section, even though the admin interface let templates include an unlimited number of lines. We now prevent admins from entering more than six lines in that section and we will display 6 lines in the PDF version.
- When resending invoices from the invoice list, after the first resend, the page needed to be refreshed before other invoices could be resent. The unnecessary step of refreshing has been eliminated so invoices can be resent without interruption.
- Before this update, the form revenue report only included pricing before discount codes were applied. We've added two additional rows to this report to make clear the total of discounts per field and the total revenue after discounts, in addition to the total revenue before discounts. The breakdown of revenue per member type still reflects the pre-discounted amounts.
- We've improved the performance of the Admin Home loading. Previously, this page could take several seconds (or longer) to load because the Aged Receivables report would run every time the page was loaded. We now run this report once a day and store the values so the entire Admin Home page loads faster.
- For selection sets with pricing that are part of an event section, the invoice line item will be preceded by the registrant's name. The descriptions will now read “~#Registrant Name | First#~ ~#Registrant Name | Last#~: ~#Field Label#~ - ~#Field Value#~”. We're working on adding a similar change to number fields within event sections which will be live soon.
- When exporting form submissions for a form that has multiple address labels enabled, the State and Country fields would not export correctly. Both columns in the export showed the values that had been selected in the first label. We now export these labels correctly, respecting each label's value.
- When editing submissions and issuing a new invoice or credit memo, the modal displayed a system ID for the existing invoices, making it difficult to reference them. We now display the invoice number shown throughout the other areas of the product.
- Within elist management, the count of subscribers included profiles that were in deleted status. We now exclude these profiles from the count.
- When downloading event details for an event, Outlook would display incorrect formatting. We've corrected the issue to preserve the formatting set in the event details.
- When copying articles or menu items, group permissions were not being maintained for the new content. We now preserve the permissions when copying articles or menu items so they do not need to be manually set.
- If a member type had two custom state attributes assigned, but a group only had access to view one of them, profiles in that member type would not load entirely on the admin side. We now support this configuration so all of the profiles will load.
- PDF exports from the invoice list were not purging from the exports page under the reports menu. We now make these exports available for seven days, similar to profile and submission exports.
- Profiles in deleted status were being included in the renewal calculations for some organizational member types. We've resolved this issue so deleted profiles are excluded from the renewal process: they won't appear on invoices or the dues calculation for automatically generated invoices.
- When resending a single invoice from the invoice list, the email address would not automatically populate. We now pre-populate this field, saving the manual entry.
- When editing a label or email or confirmation page in forms, clicking 'Cancel' would not revert the text to the previous version. While the changes weren't actually saved, the editor still displayed the changes that were intended to be cancelled. When 'Cancel' is clicked in those areas, we now display the previous text which is also the version that will display to users taking the form.
- We've updated the ordering of the admin profile list columns. Moving forward, these columns will default to Last Name, First Name, Organization, Email, Expiration Date and Member Type. As a result, the default sorting of the profile list will be by Last Name, First Name and Organization which better aligns with product usage.
- Along with the updated ordering of the columns in the admin profile list, saved searches linked as menu items on the front-end of websites will now sort by Last Name, First Name then Organization. Previously these were also sorting by First Name then Last Name.
- We fixed an issue where some invoices could not be manually recent from the invoice list. Previously, dues invoices and invoices that had been created by an admin taking a form on behalf of a user with the option to disable notifications checked could not be resent. We no longer prevent these invoices from being manually recent from the invoice list.
- Earlier this spring we began rolling out a feature to include the line item descriptions from invoices in the information sent to Moolah and Authorize.net. During the rollout, this feature stopped working for all organizations, even those who had the feature enabled during beta and early launch. We have fixed the issue globally and we now include descriptions for credit card transactions processed through Moolah and Authorize.net for all organizations.
- Previously, MemberClicks would send a system payment ID to Moolah and Authorize.net in the Invoice/Order ID field. We now send over the invoice number from each organization’s MemberClicks site, making it easier to find the invoice for each transaction in MemberClicks.
- Front-end profiles now have email addresses displayed as mailto: links. When these links are clicked, the profile viewer’s default email client (Outlook, etc.) will open.
- The permission to add elist members was not being properly enforced on the front-end, making it available to more users than it should have. This ability has been fixed so only administrators with the Community Admin permission can add users to an list.
- When inserting a site link to a form, the link did not work if the form had an apostrophe in the title. This has been fixed so links to forms with apostrophes work as one would expect.
- When setting up locations within the event calendar, long URLs would break the display within the single event view. Rather than display the full URL, we now display “View additional details” with the link embedded.
- Website attributes required the member/prospect to type http:// before the URL for the link in the profile to properly work. The system didn’t inform the user that this was a requirement, so we now provide support for Website attributes that are formatted http://, https://, www. or just the domain without any preceding formatting.
- If a committee was set to inactive status and an administrator posted a message to that committee, a notification was still sent to committee members. We now only send a notification if the committee is in active status.
- When a selection set was added to the administrative custom attribute view, the selections within the attribute reverted to alphabetical order rather than the order set in attribute management. This area of the product now respects the custom order of selection set values.
- We had a few cases where lapsed and deleted profiles were able to send and receive elist messages. We’ve added preventative measures to stop this from happening moving forward.
- Pound signs in attribute names were causing issues in various parts of the system because we use ##attribute name## as the identifier for a merged attribute value. We now prevent pound signs from being used in attribute names. Attributes already having a pound sign in the name have not been altered by this change.
- The Renew button on the front-end of profiles was appearing to more profiles than it should. This has been fixed so it only appears to administrators and the profile owner.
- Authorize.net limits the Organization field to 50 characters, preventing invoices tied to Authorize.net from being paid if the member had a Organization attribute populated with more than 50 characters. We now truncate the data we send to Authorize.net at 50 characters so payments can be processed for these members.
- Invoices could not be created for members that had Organization names with more than 100 characters. We now support Organization names up to 300 characters, far exceeding the largest character count we have in the system for that attribute.
- When creating a notification in member type settings, we displayed ghost text that did not save to the database. If that text was not overwritten, membership notifications would be sent with no subject line. We now save the ghost text if it is not overwritten so messages are not sent with no subject line.
- Links to the View All directory view were not sorting correctly. This has been fixed so the results now sort by Last Name, First Name then Organization.
- Selection sets that were merged into directory templates were displaying brackets around the values. These brackets no longer appear.
- View All menu items now display with the responsive directory templates which were introduced with the Directory Search feature last month.
- Invoice template emails can now be turned on/off individually, per template. Previously, each invoice template had a global on/off toggle for all of the messages.
- When a payment processor declined a credit card payment, MemberClicks was not displaying the message returned by the payment processor, leaving the form-taker wondering what went wrong. Forms now display the error message that the processor sent to MC.
- Profile imports would silently stall if a name field was empty in the import file. We now continue the import when a name field is empty in the import file.
- We fixed an error in the dollar amounts displayed in the Event Registrant form report.
When editing a submission to make price changes, the Save button would disable after checking and unchecking the discount box. It now properly enables/disables when it should.
Using Site Links in the event calendar to link to a form, the generated link omitted 'https' causing a broken link to be inserted. We've fixed Site Links in the event calendar so it inserts 'https' for forms links, making it work like Site Links in others areas of the product.
When invoices were voided, we were sending out a notification email. Typically one wants to void an invoice without automatically notifying the member, so we've fixed this issue, allowing admins to silently void invoices.
- For customers using Authorize.net, refunds can now be processed directly through MemberClicks without having to log into the Authorize.net gateway.
- Menu items with the same title are now allowed. Previously, administrators would receive an error message when trying to create a menu item with an identical title.
- Built-in attributes for organization profiles were not displaying on the front-end when viewing a single profile. Now they do.
- Due to an issue with attribute security, only ASAs could edit the Organization field for organization profiles. We've corrected the issue so attribute security settings are respected and non-ASAs are able to edit the Organization field as long as they have attribute security configured to do so.
- We corrected several issues with form submissions when a default value was set and the form-taker made no changes to the field. These issues were especially prevalent when the field also had pricing associated in an event section.
- When selecting fields for export from the submission list or registrant list, the list of fields to select was alphabetical. This is now ordered by the display of fields on the form and is consistent with the order of columns in the export.
- When renewing from one auto-renew member type into another auto-renew member type, the original invoice was now voiding out, keeping the member in the original member type. This was occurring in front-end profile renewals, but working correctly in renewals through forms. This now works correctly in both form renewals and profile renewals.
- Member types with rollover dates configured were not always properly rolling over into the following year. Now they are.
- Since our last release, names and addresses were being excluded from the information sent over to Authorize.net for credit card processing. This information is now being sent. Organizations using Authorize.net for credit card processing will see this information in the gateway moving forward.
Thanks for providing this information. It's helpful to know when things are fixed but it's also helpful to see what problems you are addressing.
Article is closed for comments.